domingo, 15 de setembro de 2013

Oporto - Part I


Two weeks ago I spent less than 48 hours in Oporto but I made my mission, once again, to document my time is this beautiful city ! This post is just part I because I took sooo many photos I have to divide them between two posts (at least).

I've been wanting to visit Oporto for a long time now and this year has finally happened. Less than 2 full days wasn´t enough time to explore everything, but we manage to visit Serralves, Clerigos' tower, House of Music, the "ever so famous" Lello bookshop and also squeezed in a 50 min boat trip and endless hours spent on those tourists buses. 
The city is filled with old buildings, the people are super nice and talkative, the views are to die for specially near the river and I can't wait for another opportunity to go there.

- We stayed at Século Hotel which I highly recommend (the only downfall -  it's a little far from the city center/main areas but if you like to take a walk or two, it's perfect)!

- Enjoy !

Famous coffee shop in Oporto - Café Majestic

Old buildings 


Aliados Hotel



Carmo Church

 BBVA building 


1. Clerigos' Tower | 2. Clerigos' Tower detail | 3. Building detail 

 Seagulls



Another beautiful covered tile church


Busy streets 

Out of focus view from the bus

 We spent quite some time on buses during day 1 (as you probably can tell by now)



Luis I  bridge






Maria Pia Bridge and Freixo bridge 


Old houses overlooking the river (dream view)

View  from the top of Clerigos' Tower







 The "ever so famous" and rightly so - Lello bookshop  ! A must for any Oporto tourist





Clerigos' tower looking tiny (don't let the picture fool you!)

That green tile covered wall and pink curtains make this picture a lot cooler

 The breathtaking S. Bento station 






S. Bento station from the outside



And last but not least - House of Music 


2 comentários :

  1. I did the exact same tours about 2 months ago - my hotel was in Batalha and I can't stop telling people how beautiful that church is. The whole city is amazing.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Really? So cool ! It is, the city is amazing, I was in love with it ! Thanks so much for your comment :)

      Eliminar